Social media websites are making it easier to upload, watch, and share videos. This is because internet users LOVE videos.
As an acknowledgment of this fact, a whopping 92% of marketers believe that video is an essential component of an effective marketing strategy. Thus, it goes without saying that law firms must employ a robust video marketing strategy.
Videos are more engaging than written articles and more expressive than infographics or photos. It can be a great medium to transmit complex legal fundamentals, display your knowledge, gain viewers’ trust, and attract prospective clients.
However, the primary issue is that several lawyers do not have clarity on where to get started.
If you are struggling with the same, here is a step-by-step guide on how to market your law firm through videos.
The Ultimate Strategy for Law Firm Marketing Through Videos
Consider this: nearly 96% of people who seek legal advice commence their search online. So, if you wish to gain a head start your law firm marketing, follow the steps outlined below:
Profile Your Target Audience
When you build a law firm, you create a profile of an ideal client. Similarly, when you market your law firms online, you need to have clarity on your target audience.
Ask yourself the following questions to narrow down on the client profile:
- Where do they live?
- What is their age?
- What is their occupation and corresponding income?
- Do they ascribe to religious or cultural beliefs?
The answers to such questions will help you create a prototype client. Knowing your audience will make it easier for you to create video content that appeals to them. The most important aspect of video marketing is to spread a message that resonates with your target audience and to do that, you have to identify them first.
Write an Informative Script
Once you have located your target audience, you can come up with the video concept and the script. The script forms the basic foundation of your video and helps convey the company’s core message.
Ask yourself: What should be the key takeaway from an audience’s POV from the video? What is the law firm’s primary goal for creating the video?
Balancing the two sets the base for your script.
Then, you can move onto the other elements of the script: Do you wish to follow a non-formal tone? Or a script that is educational, serious, or informative? Make use of creativity to write a script for your intended viewers.
Narrow Down to a Type of Video
After you have a script in place, you need to decide on the type of video. The commonest types of videos include:
- Firm Introduction: The video showcases the growth of your firm from the ground up and its current background. The video should also talk about your company’s mission and vision statement. It introduces the various attorneys and other employees associate with your law firm.
- Testimonial: Testimonial videos act as proof of credibility to your potential clients. These videos are short with a compelling message at its heart. It is a good practice to choose an interviewee who is comfortable in front of a camera and can articulate the message professionally.
- Tour: Giving a tour video on your official website offers a personal touch to your online interaction. Visitors can gain an inside look at your firm. These videos can be mixed with the firm introduction.
- Explainer: Explainers and educational videos are a great way to exhibit your skill and expertise. It establishes trust and confidence amidst the potential clients. You can easily create a presentation and do a voiceover to make an explainer video.
- Q&A: With a Q&A or FAQ video, you can publish an excellent repository of information. This not only addresses the viewer’s issues but also offers visibility to your law firm.
- Social Media Video Ad: Social media ads could span 15 seconds to 3 minutes. Learning how to create Facebook ads comes handy to attract potential clients. These videos are often followed by a CTA (call to action) button. The CTA can ask the viewer to like or follow your social media handle, redirect them to your official website, or perform any relevant task. It is always a good practice to keep them to deliver the most in the shortest span of time as social media users have a shorter attention span.
Almost 79% of videos are explainers followed by a 49% share occupied by presentation videos and 48% of testimonials. Sales and Video ads stand together in fourth place at 42%.
Also, do bear in mind that your videos may be cross-posted on various social media platforms. So make an attempt to keep the videos compatible with the formats that are supported by these websites.
Decide on a Video Maker App
Once you have decided on the script and the type of video, it is now time to produce it. If you have that kind of budget, you may outsource this task to professional video makers and editors.
However, modern-age smartphones and webcams are capable of producing high-quality videos. This fact transfers the power of making videos in the hands of the internal employees. As a result, the costs involved in producing a video are cut down significantly through this DIY approach.
Additionally, there are several video maker apps that not only let you create video content but also edit them to perfection. Invideo is one such video creation platform that can aid you at all steps of video creation and publication.
After producing the video, you can add captions and post them over various distribution channels. The most popular platforms include YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and your own professional websites.
Fortunately, creating interactive videos is no longer an art reserved for professionals. With the help of these practical tips, law firms can seamlessly take up video marketing to create brand awareness and land a wider client base. Make use of the trial and error method and find ways that work best on you.
Once you capitalize on this opportunity, you can reap handsome returns on your investment!