Chhapaak starring Deepika Padukone in the lead is performing pretty average in the theatres. The movie has seen a very different way of promotion from the lead actress. As the movie talks about a real event regarding a girl who had faced an acid attack and how the society views her.
Deepika has been seen wearing the makeup of the lead role, making herself look like an acid attack victim approaching unexpecting public in front of disguised cameras. The reactions of the public towards such victims caught the attention of many.
Yet the collection record of the movie shows the contrary. As it has been seen in the comments of the videos, many have felt repulsed by these and called it cheap stunts to promote the movie. It could be a contributing factor along with the unimpressive story which didn’t reach up to its potential.
Let’s take a look at the box office collection of the movie as it reached day 15 in the theatres.
Chhapaak Day 15 Day-wise Box Office Collections
- Day 1 [1st Friday]: ₹ 4.77 Cr
- Day 2 [1st Saturday]: ₹ 6.90 Cr
- Day 3 [1st Sunday]: ₹ 7.35 Cr
- Day 4 [1st Monday]: ₹ 2.35 Cr
- Day 5 [1st Tuesday]: ₹ 2.55 Cr
- Day 6 [1st Wednesday]: ₹ 2.61 Cr
- Day 7 [1st Thursday]: ₹ 1.85 Cr
- Week 1 Collection ₹ 28.38 Cr
- Day 8 [2nd Friday]: ₹ 0.95 Cr
- Day 9 [2nd Saturday]: ₹ 1.40 Cr
- Day 10 [2nd Sunday]: ₹ 1.75 Cr
- Day 11 [2nd Monday]: ₹ 0.50 Cr
- Day 12 [2nd Tuesday]: ₹ 0.45 Cr
- Day 13 [2nd Wednesday]: ₹ 0.40 Cr
- Day 14 [2nd Thursday]: ₹ 0.40 Cr
- Day 15: [3nd Friday]: ₹ 0.50Cr. (Rough Data)
15 Days Net Collection: 34.73 Cr.
The movie is getting fewer and fewer occupants in the theatres. Movie Tanhaju starring Ajay Devgn is a huge competition for the movie.