It is common that in pregnancy certain unattractive signs in the body appear due to hormonal changes that occur during and after pregnancy.
The vast majority will disappear over time, however, it is good that you invest a little energy to take care of yourself. That’s why we bring you some tips so that you are more than gleaming in this beautiful stage:
How to take care of your body in pregnancy: 6 tips
1. Fight stretch marks
These parallel lines are formed due to the stretching of the skin and the hormonal disorder. Although not all women give the same way, it is usual to occur in thighs, hips, buttocks, belly and breasts.
To prevent them first of all you must control your weight: it is clear that it will increase by pregnancy, but you must have a healthy and balanced diet.
Also, devote yourself to applying moisturizer daily throughout the body. With hydration, what you will do is recover the elasticity of the skin avoiding cracking.
2. Beware of cellulite
Even if your body does not present cellulite marks it is important that you take care of it. If you already suffer, with more reason, follow the following tips:
- Massage with cream-gel or oil from the thighs, from the bottom up, in a circular shape, to stimulate fat cells and decongest the tissues.
- Avoid the retention of liquids and perform some physical activity to promote blood circulation.
3. Stay hydrated
With the consumption of 10 to 12 glasses of water a day you will be helping your body to burn calories, prevent fluid retention and eliminate toxins from the body. Likewise, the water hydrates the liquid from the amniotic sac protecting the baby’s health.
4. Take care of your hair
More than half of pregnant women have hair loss and loss of shine due to frequent hormonal changes.
- Say no to braids or some type of hairstyle that squeezes the hair and less if you have it wet.
- Try to increase the intake of fruits and vegetables that provide antioxidants, as they strengthen the hair follicles.
- Use warm water to wash it, since the high temperature dries and dulls the hair.
5. Avoid stress
Although the medical tests and experience of the stage of pregnancy come loaded with stress, it is necessary that you try to stay calm.
When stress occurs at an exaggerated and constant level it is possible to cause damage to physical and mental health, both in yours and in the baby’s. The immune system, blood pressure and metabolism can also be affected.
To avoid any practical problems of the following relaxation techniques :
- Deep breathing: Breath deeply from the abdomen to fill with air, the more oxygen inhales, the lower the tension.
Remember: inhale through the nose, exhale through the mouth.
- Yoga: The practice of Yoga will be very useful to reduce stress, calm the mind and connect with your body. Find an expert to avoid injury.
- Conditioned relaxation: Sit with your back straight, review your body mentally and relax each part.
When you feel completely relaxed, look at your breathing, make sure it is long and deep and try to hold the rhythm for several seconds.
Create a special environment to practice relaxation, either with the help of music, aromatherapy or in a space where you feel more than quiet.
6. Take care of your face
Clean your face daily so that it stays radiant, hydrated and healthy. To avoid the appearance of dark spots or eliminate them, follow these indications:
- Protect yourself from UV rays: always wear sunscreen and cover your face on sunny days with a hat or umbrella.
- Use soft makeup: try to use natural beauty products so that the chemicals do not cause any kind of effects, and instead help you take care of the skin. Remember to remove all the makeup from your face before sleeping, the residues of this can deteriorate the pigmentation of your skin.
- Make masks: Take time, at least once a week, to make a homemade mask. By not containing chemicals, it will only provide nutrients, hydration and purification to your skin.
Do you already implement these recommendations? If you still do not, consider them now. In addition to taking care of your body, you will be guaranteeing your well-being and that of the baby.